Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"and go your way rejoicing..."


"...with tacos."
My Language Structure professor L O V E S tacos. (not that there's anything wrong with that...) I've only had three classes so far, but he seems to bring them up an average of once every 1.2893 minutes.

"Class, the function of a proper noun is to refer to a specific entity rather than things in general. In the sentence, 'John likes tacos,' John is a proper noun. Or if we said, "Their mascot is the Super Taco," then 'Super Taco' would count as a proper noun."

First of all, I don't need a million examples; I remember what a proper noun is. How's about you spend some more time explaining the difference between gradable and non-gradable adjectives? And seriously?? I like tacos as much as the next girl, but using the same term in every example (regardless whether it fits with the topic at hand) does NOT help me learn the lesson. It confuses me more.

So please, dear professor, PLEASE stop talking about tacos. It makes very little sense.

...and it makes me hungry...

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA, Super Taco?? Oh boy, he must really absolutely adore tacos if he can even turn them into mascots.
    I'd definitely be craving Taco Bell every day if I was in your class. And I don't even like TBell all that much...

    ReplyDelete