Tuesday, January 25, 2011

smiling in your sleep

As I confessed in my last post, I didn't go to school today. 4 day weekend for Miss Michaela. I'm a fan.



I think it might be silly to say I had a great day and to just blog about that, but... well, I had a great day, and I'm going to blog about it.

FIRST, it snowed. Now normally, I hate the snow. BUT! when I get to spend the morning in my pajamas watching the snow fall, it's one of my favorite things. It really is beautiful.

Also, as I have made a tradition on lazy, home-alone days, I cleaned and organized my apartment and bedroom. When I decide to stay home, I tend to feel a bit useless, and in an effort to avoid that feeling, I clean. I cleaned the whole front area, organized the shelves, deep cleaned the whole kitchen, reorganized the furniture in my room, did my laundry, and lit two apple pie scented candles. And I put new light bulbs in my floor lamp for the living room which makes the whole apartment look warmer and more inviting.

And then, I went to meet with my bishopric about a whole mess of things. Apparently, they don't consult each other when assigning callings, and I ended up with two (Relief Society instructor & member of the Sabbath Day Worship Committee [I love BYU and their made up callings, haha]). And since I said yes to both of them and didn't ask questions (like the good girl I am), none of them thought about it until last Sunday when I stood as my name was read. Bishop leaned in to his first counselor and asked, "Doesn't the new girl already have a calling??" WHOOPSIE. Anyway, I was set apart for calling number two today. I wasn't expecting much, just the usual "We bless you to do this calling well" business. But the bishopric member who set me apart gave me the most beautiful blessing, I almost cried. It was long and I was already running late for work, but I didn't care. It was absolutely lovely, and I told him so.

I was on time to my staff meeting at work, and it went by great. Staff meetings are sort of a joke at ILP. It's just a bunch of girls talking about funny stories from that week. Kind of annoying but also awesome because I get paid to sit there and listen to them giggle and talk amongst themselves.

And on my way home from work, this song came up on my Pandora station. I've been listening to it on repeat since I got home.



Dontcha just LOVE days like that??
I DO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment