Sunday, January 16, 2011

an unlikely repertoire

As you know (if you've been reading my blog or if you know me at all), I play the ukulele. And I love it. Now that I have one to call my own (his name is Akua), I have been practicing a lot more regularly. And now, I am pleased to present you with a list of songs I have learned in the past week and a half :)

-- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
-- Make Love in This Club by Usher
-- Stephen by Ke$ha
-- After Hours by The Velvet Underground
-- Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
-- You and I by Ingrid Michaelson
-- Rhythm of Love by The Plain White Ts
-- Butterfly Nets by Bishop Allen

In addition to those, I'm currently working on:
-- Boyz in da Hood by Eazy E
-- All I do is Dream of You from the film Sadie McKee
-- Breakdown by Jack Johnson
-- The Bedroom Intruder Song (if you don't know what that is, click here!)
-- Jump Then Fall by Taylor Swift
-- Time Warp from The Rocky Horror Show

There are quite a few songs that I would like to learn someday. But I suppose these will have to do for now. A little bit of everything, just like my normal taste in music. THE PERFECT SET LIST, haha. If you need anyone to perform at a birthday party, wedding, event or gathering of any kind, just give me a holler.

And I take requests. Got any?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I love this list. And I especially love that you are learning the Bedroom Intruder Song :D

    ReplyDelete