Saturday, March 5, 2011

fast food no more.

Three days till Mardis Gras. Which means I only have that long to gorge myself on McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Sonic, Dairy Queen, and other such establishments. Because after that comes L E N T . I used to hate Lent when I was little, but now that I've grown up and realized what it actually means, I'm a much bigger fan. And any excuse to feel closer to God is a good one, right?

Anyway, in celebration of Lent (which is coming WAY late this year!), I am giving up fast food. That includes any restaurant that doesn't require you to sit at a table in order to dine there. And it also includes take-out stuff. Man, I'm going to save a TON of money in the next month... In addition to the "no fast food" policy, I'm taking on the challenge of reading or listening to at least one General Conference talk every day. Doubling up does NOT count for multiple days (I'd take care of, like, a week just by listening to one session of GC in April).

THOSE ARE THE RULES.

I'm writing this more for myself than for anyone else. Hopefully, now that I have it in writing, I'll actually stick with it. Last Lent was wonderful, and I learned a lot about myself. Fingers crossed that this year will be just as rewarding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment