Tuesday, April 26, 2011

spring time

It's spring time!, which means the world ought to look like this:

But instead, I see a whole lotta this:


okay, maybe that's a tiny exaggeration...

The point I'm trying to make is that the earth is not treating this season fairly. At least the UTAH part of the earth. It's too cold & blustery to be spring. My seasonal depression is extending into May which is NOT! alright with me. I'm considering resorting to those ancient "Mr. Golden Sun" chants that I loved when I was a toddler.

Life was so much simpler then.


In any case, I have subconsciously confined myself to my apartment during the 'sunshine' hours (for lack of said sunshine). As usual, I thrive during the night hours when the sky is SUPPOSED to be dark, no matter what time of year. Which means I stay up wayyy too late. Which means I sleep during most of the morning (if I even see the morning at all). Which means I was still in bed when my new roommate moved in at noon. SO EMBARRASSING.

Oh yes, part of spring means new roommates. I could go on about my new roommates except for the fact that I don't know them at all. All I know is that Rachel (straight out of the freshman dorms, btw) woke me up this morning (er, afternoon) with a big suitcase and an embarrassed face. I think I was more humiliated than she was, at the time. At least I had cleaned the room the night before. WHEW.

Anyway, spring is (hopefully) on it's way with summer following close behind. As a deadbeat for the summer (no school, no job), I'm sure I will have plenty of time to... I don't know, make crafts and stuff. I've got a summer to do list this year (as is customary). But that will have to wait for another post.

Until next time

1 comment: