Sunday, May 8, 2011

UNWELCOME GINGER :(

Disclaimer: I have nothing against red hair. Some of my best friends are red heads. My own father is a ginger. This is not meant to be discriminatory or anything like that.

but...

IJUSTDYEDMYHAIRREDANDIHATEIT!!!

Well, let me explain a few things:
First of all, I didn't dye my hair super ginger red. No no, I'm smarter than that. I'm pretty sure no one with Poly blood (however small the percentage may be) could ever pull off RED RED hair. I went for a medium auburn color which, given my dark natural color, should have wielded a red-tinted brown. Also, it should be known that the last time my hair was dyed was in February, so my roots were a little grown out.

THAT BEING SAID,
I tried to dye my hair tonight, and it has become a nightmare. My roots, being fresh growth and never before exposed to dye, latched onto the red color quite nicely. Well, it would have looked nice if the rest of my hair had followed suit. My ends retained the nice red-tinted brown color I was talking about. Which essentially makes my hair a two-toned disaster.

What I'm trying to say is,
no matter where I decide to part my hair,
I've got a ginger stripe.

And I reeeeeeally don't appreciate it.
I've washed my hair a total of four times in the last two hours. I've used six different shampoos/conditioners on it, scrubbed my scalp raw, and even set some laundry detergent on my part in hopes of dimming the color. Alas, to no avail.


It's times like these that I'm glad my hair color fades quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment